Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Paneling and Trim
Reload this Page >

moulding solution for hot water radiator pipes and feet

Old 08-03-08, 07:17 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I've recently put down so new flooring in a few rooms in my really old house. The house has hot water rads throughout, so i had to cut laminate and vinyl flooring around the feet and pipes of the rads, lifting them was not on my agenda

The cuts i made were ok in some spots, worse in others. The pipes are feet are no more than about 1" to 1.5" in diameter. How can i put "moulding" around something like a pipe to hide the gaps in the flooring? Should i just cut some thin plywood to size and paint (which would be fine) or are there any canned solutions for this type of problem?

Thanks!

Bob

Old 08-03-08, 09:00 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Well there are split flanges more or less specific for the purpose but they aren't the best looking items.You might go to a hardware store or two and look at what they offer in these and see if you can work with them.You might be able to paint them etc to match or at least get closer to the look of the flooring or I once even heard of a customer gluing scrap flooring to a flange with construction adhesive.Since they are chrome metal you need to do the proper prep to paint or get adhesive to stick.

Other than that you could call some businesses that sell or install flooring and see if they have any ideas.You well may have to experiment and find your own solution.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: