adding door trim to a crooked wall


Old 01-14-09, 11:14 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7
adding door trim to a crooked wall

I just added a door in a hallway that had crooked walls. We had to shim the door frame to get it plumb. But now if we put the trim along the door frame there is still that extra space between the wall (a good inch) and the frame. How should I cover up that space? It's triangular, being about 1 inch at the top and tapering down to 1/4 inch about 6 inches from the bottom of the frame.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-09, 11:22 AM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 20,534
Not sure if the jamb is sticking out past the wall or if it's recessed into the wall- can't tell by your explanation... but the only thing you can do is to scribe a taper on a piece of wood and add it onto either the door jamb as an extension jamb... or add it onto the back outside edge of your casing... depending on which is needed.
Old 01-14-09, 02:59 PM
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: midwest
Posts: 9
If I am understanding you correctly - standard door trim is 2.25 inches wide and should cover it fully. If I am not understanding you, please add some additional detail and I will be happy to try and help.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes