problem with baseboard & bullnose

Old 02-16-09, 08:31 PM
Unhappy problem with baseboard & bullnose

im making some custom alder baseboard for a customer, but ive run into a problem. im using 3/4" solid alder; stain grade. the problem is that there is no interior door trim. the wall simply wraps around the door opening (3/4" bullnose) and theres roughly 2" to the door jamb itself (all interior doors are stain grade knotty alder) the jamb only protrudes from the wall about 3/8". how can i return around these corners? ive already made about 80' of the base, which is 4 1/4" tall. iknow, i shouldve done a more thorough look b4 starting. i didnt. any suggestions? i'll draw a picture to give a better idea and within a couple days i'll have taken a picture to show what im talkin about. hard to explain.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-09, 03:49 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
In dealing with bull nose corners at doors I usually cut a trapezoidal piece of the molding with a 3/4" inside measurement using 22.5 degree cuts. Then cut the joining molding at 22.5 degrees to meet this piece. It sort of gives a rounding effect. One customer I had wanted me to just end the molding on the wall with a 45 degree bevel back to the wall just short of the round over. It looked ok, but I like the 3 piece corner better.

Old 02-17-09, 01:27 PM
re: reply

thx for the input. ya thats how i would usually round the corner, with 2- 22 1/2's but my problem is i need to be no thicker than 3/8" when i round the corner. email me and i'll send u a (****ty) drawing.

Old 02-17-09, 07:26 PM
oh, [email protected] is my email address.

Old 02-25-09, 04:09 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Check your private message inbox.