Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Selling Wood Panelling

03-31-09, 10:09 AM   #1  
Selling Wood Panelling

I have tongue and groove wood panelling all voer my basement walls. I was wondering if anyone knew if a contractor would want to remove the panelling and pay me for it?
in otehr words does it have any value?
I would prefer the sheetrock any.
ideas?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Super Moderator

AZ

03-31-09, 10:14 AM   #2  
Very very doubtful, unless it is very old thick wood, or some fancy species. Even then, much would depend on condition.

You might not even need to take it down..sheet rock might be able to go right over it. That would depend on more factors than I have knowledge of, but I know it's been done in upper levels of homes.

Vic
"I sometimes wonder how some people ever made it to adulthood..."

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

03-31-09, 01:29 PM   #3  
Are they planks installed vertically? Or are they actual panels? What type wood? How are they fastened to the wall? Like GG, I am doubtful anyone would pay you for the wood. But it would have to come down in order to make the installation of the sheetrock easier. Window and door jamb extensions, electrical box protrusion all have to be taken into account when layering a wall. It can be done, just alot of work.

FL

03-31-09, 03:08 PM   #4  
like they said if its paneling probably not wood maybe

( I recently paid $85 for a couple of rooms of T&G Cypress )

your est bet would probably be a craigs list ad or classified

Search this Thread