Where to get old style trim

Old 04-23-09, 12:40 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Where to get old style trim

I have a 80 year old house with old style trim. Does anyone know of a place that sells old trim or a place that can reproduce my trim?

I live in Northern NJ

Dan NJ

Old 04-23-09, 03:16 PM
C
You might check demolition businesses in your area. These sometimes keep old trim. Many molding manufacturers can match your pattern. These tend to be local concerns.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-23-09, 03:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 905 Votes on 831 Posts
Chris is right... mouldings can often be duplicated. A setup charge will apply, plus the price of the trim per lineal ft.

But "old style trim" is a little vague. Can you give us a size, or a picture of the profile?

Old 04-24-09, 04:08 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Sometimes old is only "obscure", as it isn't always used in today's market. Go to http://www.mouldingandmillwork.com/p...ofileGuide.pdf and see if you can find your profile there.

Old 05-11-09, 01:31 PM
P
Where to get old trim?

Dan,

I have a 80 year old house with old style trim. Does anyone know of a place that sells old trim or a place that can reproduce my trim?
A millwork shop that has a moulder can do the work that you want done. It will be a custom job. The following link is a business that has the equipment to do the job. Usually it is not a problem to replicate a moulding. It is a matter of the time it takes to make the knives used to do the moulding.

One way to do it is to take a piece of the moulding that you want duplicated and send it to the company to do the work. That way they will make an exact copy.

Things that they will want to know is what type of wood you will want. Is it stained or painted wood. How many lineal feet of the moulding will you need. When do you need it.

If you go to the contact us page and write in a description of what you want done, they will get back in touch with you. If you had a picture of what you want to reproduce it would give the shop an idea what it would take to do the job. In addition, it is important to give as much detail as possible.

Robs Custom Cabinetry, Custom Cabinets, kitchen cabinets, kitchen remodeling

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: