Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Paneling and Trim
Reload this Page >

Hard tile-vinyl entryway corner transition

Old 08-13-09, 09:41 AM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

This tile-to-vinyl transition is a mess. What's the best way to re-do the baseboard and transition strip and tile? Note the tile edge is chipped a couple of places.

The hard tile is 1/4" thick. The trim piece used for a transition is 1/2" thick.

Thanks, Gary

I can't seem to get my photopage to allow a download here, but here is a link that seems to work. Click the photos to enlarge, or try the slideshow. And thanks for looking!: Cash Wise @ LifePics

Last edited by GaryMN; 08-13-09 at 10:38 AM. Reason: photos not loading
Old 08-13-09, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Gary
You need to upload the pics to a photosharing site like Photobucket or Flickr then copy the image info into the box that shows up when you click the "insert image" button.

Can't do a copy and paste directly.

Old 08-16-09, 06:14 AM
G
Photos

Last edited by GaryMN; 08-16-09 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Photos not downloading
Old 08-17-09, 02:18 PM
Upvotes: 0
It might be too late for you to do what I did because it looks like you already have all of the baseboard installed, but I had a similar situation. I redid the tile in my foyer, and had to deal with the transition to the laminate in the FR. I am replacing all of the trim in the house anyways, so I already knew I was going to have to do something 'custom' there. I notched the pieces of trim so that when they are installed the tops of the baseboard line up straight as they go around the corner. The transition piece then hides the notches by butting up against the baseboard. It was somewhat easier in my case though because the pieces in question were short because of a closet on one side and a door on the other.

I honestly can't remember what it was like when I bought the place though. I took off the old trim without paying too much attention. My guess is it would have to have been similar.

Old 08-20-09, 07:49 AM
G
Thanks

Good idea; thanks for the help. Gary

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: