Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Photos wanted: White pine on walls

MI

08-20-09, 05:45 AM   #1  
Photos wanted: White pine on walls

Greetings DIY'ers

I have a living room that is white paint with gold sparkles glued to it. (not done by me)
I was thinking about putting up some sorta tongue and grove wood panels up on the way.. say 3-5" wide.
I wanted to see if anyone else has done this and if you have some photos of how it looks and any tips on installing if you did it yourself.

Thanks
Joel

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

TN

08-20-09, 06:05 AM   #2  
I'm not entirely sure what you are asking

T&G can be installed either horizontally or diagonally on most walls with no problem. 1x6 is the most common size. You must make sure to use nails long enough to penetrate the drywall and fasten securely to the studs.

IMO it's quicker/easier to stain [or not] and apply 1-2 coats of varnish/poly prior to installation. The final coat should be applied after installation.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

MI

08-20-09, 06:08 AM   #3  
Hi Mark
Im just asking to see ideas of what others have done. This will be a winter project I believe and so I am just gathering ideas as to what others might have done. Thats all..
Joel

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

08-20-09, 06:14 AM   #4  
My youngest son's house has 1x6 T&G pine on the living rm, dining rm, kitchen and half bath walls and ceiling. IMO it looks quite nice with the white crown, base, door and window trim.

It is however a look that doesn't appeal to all

MI

08-20-09, 06:16 AM   #5  
That is true that it might not appeal to everyone. I plan on just doing one room I believe with this idea. Trust me it would beat white walls and gold sparkles any day. LOL

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

08-20-09, 05:21 PM   #6  
It would be cheaper and easier to just paint the walls. The glitter was applied while the paint was wet. It can be painted over just like regular paint and you won't see the glitter anymore...... but I do like the look of wood.

Search this Thread