Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Paint-Grade T&G Paneling

CAL

09-08-09, 10:12 AM   #1  
Paint-Grade T&G Paneling

I'm planning to hang T&G paneling on an interior wall and intend to paint it. I'm looking for paneling that is about 7" wide to match existing paneling that I have on my ceiling. The only stuff I can find at Home Depot or Lowes is pine that has a lot of knot holes and other flaws that would need to be patched up in preparation for paint. Is there paneling out there somewhere that is already paint-ready? I found pre-primed 7" MDF paneling at Lowes, but it has grooves down the center of each plank which makes it unsuitable for my purpose.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

TN

09-08-09, 01:31 PM   #2  
I assume you are wanting T&G boards and not paneling. Try some of the local lumber yards - they should have a better selection than the big box. You will pay a lot more for clear wood - no knots.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

CAL

09-08-09, 01:36 PM   #3  
Yeah, T&G boards. Sorry if that was unclear. What I am really hoping to find is something made from MDF since I'll be painting it anyway. I don't want to pay for stain grade.

Search this Thread