Installing Post for Mailbox

Old 12-15-00, 08:06 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi,

My daughter just bought me a mailbox. I now have to either buy the lumber to construct a wooden post or get a pre-constructed one.

Assuming that I buy one that is already constructed, how do I install the wooden mailbox into the ground and how do I attach the mailbox to the post.

I guess this question is very simple; however, I am not very mechanical and will probably mess it up without specific instructions on how-to-do it.

Thanks,

John M. Kelly

Old 12-15-00, 12:25 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cool

Dig a hole, and get some bags of quik-crete, and some water.

Or get a big container,(be creative)at least 24" diameter, and 16" high, Mix some quik-crete. Put the post in the container and pour in your mixed concrete. To be more creative, don't fill it up all the way and add potting soil and plant what you want around the base.

Old 12-15-00, 11:05 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello

first as Perry has said, set the post in concrete where and how you want it, then cut it to the hight your post office wants, add a good subbase to the top of the post it should be about 1" smaller than the mail box screw it down onto the post flat and level set the mail box on with even edges over the subbase and screw it from the bottem with short screws that will not find there way inside the mail box...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: