Beadboard covered rooms

Old 08-09-10, 10:10 AM
Beadboard covered rooms

We're working on an older home in NC. So far we have uncovered 2 rooms that are entirely panelled with beadboard. Walls and cielings. The home was built in 1910. While we will save some of this for other projects, we'd like to sell the rest. Seems like a shame to waste it. We are getting it down trying to keep as much of the tongue and groove as intact as we can. The question is, if we put it on Craig's List, what is a reasonable price to ask for it? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-10, 01:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums!

Are you having much luck removing the beadboard without cracking the T&G? I've tried in the past to remove old beadboard but broke more than I was able to save

I don't have any idea as to how much it's worth but it would probably be best to wait until you get it all down and can better evaluate the condition.

Old 08-10-10, 05:01 AM
Some of it is coming off pretty good, some of it is cracking. It depends on where they nailed it. A lot of it, they just face nailed so it's pretty easy, and even in some of the tongues, the nails have pulled through. Not perfect by any means, but we are getting some of it. And a lot of the boards are pretty long, stretching the entire wall or ceiling. We'll get the room done, sort it out and give it a shot. Someone might be looking for some for projects, who knows. Thanks for the reply!