wall paneling

Old 12-08-00, 03:40 AM
Visiting Guest
We will be moving to a mobile home temporarily while we build and there is a lot of dark paneling. I would like to change it in the dining area to lighten it up. Can you paint, wall paper, ?????

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-00, 06:34 PM
J974
Visiting Guest
A friend of mine painted his paneling in his house, and I was amazed how nice it looked.Your probably better off primering the walls before painting yor finished color.

Old 12-12-00, 08:03 PM
Cool

Yes it is paintable, just ruffen up the glossy surface with some 180-220 grit sandpaper.
You would need to float the ridges and sand the paneling to apply wallpaper. That is if you want it to look right, and stick.

Old 12-15-00, 10:46 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
sound as if this is just a temporary stay and you just want to clean it up some. first is the wall panneling wood on the face or photo finish? if it is wood, sand and us a good primer let dry and then paint with paint you like. If is is photo you need to PVA clean very well let dry, wipe down with a good clean towel, then use a good primer that your paint store has the will stick to the photo finish 'oil base" seems to work best here and paint with the pain you like.....