wallpapering over panelling


Old 01-03-01, 04:29 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I have painted panelling ( yuk) in my kitchen that I want to paper over ( removing the panelling is out of the question at this time ).The paint that is on there now is flat white,and not at all washable! What do I need to do to it so I can paper?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-01, 03:28 AM
Dick Wyatt
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Take water putty and fill the grooves in the panels, rough the surface with sand paper clean and install your paper. Did this to an old house and the paper worked well.
Good luck!
Old 01-07-01, 12:23 AM
some help
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Sure you can wall paper over the pained paneling, as DICK has said you need to fill all the hole sand smooth and SIZE the wall with walpaper sizing will help bond the paper to the paint or what ever thw walls may be....

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes