loose paneling

Old 01-07-01, 04:25 PM
Visiting Guest
is there a way to adhere loose existing paneling without tearing it out & not knowing where the studs are? I have an older home the studs do not appear where they should be & the paneling has air gaps between the drywall & the paneling but the seams are secured

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-01, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by rhauser
is there a way to adhere loose existing paneling without tearing it out & not knowing where the studs are? I have an older home the studs do not appear where they should be & the paneling has air gaps between the drywall & the paneling but the seams are secured
Well you can't an kind of adhesive in back of it at least not any way that comes to mind, with the seams secured. The only thing that I can think of is to buy or borrow a stud detector, to see if you are able to detect where the studs, and nail in extra support. Perhaps others can provide more ideas but that is all I can think of.

Old 01-07-01, 10:15 PM
dkerr is right. $10.00 for a Stanley Stud Finder. Or, you can push the paneling in against the wall, and tap (lightly) with a hammer and find the studs. Use finish nails to secure paneling.

Old 01-09-01, 11:08 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
If the panelling is nailed on the edges and air space between.. how much air space? how hard would it be to just remove one pane? and check out how every thing went together
then come up with the best fix when you know all you can about the problem...

Search this Thread