Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

tile fireplace

OK

06-07-12, 03:22 AM   #1  
tile fireplace

My current issue is to change the look of this fireplace. It is white finished tile bordered by brown and grey stone with a dark grey mortar. The rest of the house has a wood panel on the wall. so, I would like to find a way to stain the tile to.get a wood grain look. Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this? If not any other aesthetically pleasing ideas would he welcome as long as the price isnt steep.

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

06-07-12, 03:59 PM   #2  
Gosh, what a shame they didn't rock the entire thing. That tile just doesn't do it justice, at all. Is this a wood burner or gas? I'm thinkin'.

OK

06-07-12, 11:42 PM   #3  
It's gas. I agree that the stone would have been so much better. I'm pretty sure the guy built the house himself and did a fantastic job every where but the fireplace

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

06-08-12, 03:24 AM   #4  
The only thing I can think of is a wood graining kit and epoxy paint. Some will adhere directly to tile, but in some instances you will have to rough the tile up somewhat for it to stick. It appears the tile was installed first and the rock placed second, since there is virtually no seam on the tile. Removing the tile would be a bear. More questions. Is this real or faux rock. It appears from thickness to be real. I don't guess there is any way to find matching rock anywhere locally. My thoughts are to remove the tile, install backer and lath and rock the remainder. You can do it. We got your back.

Search this Thread