Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

covering interior wood paneling

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

02-25-01, 01:15 PM   #1  
I want to paint my interior wood paneling walls. We live in a mobile home. My question is how would I best fill in or cover the grooves. I'm looking for a smooth surface. I have heard there is a product out that is of a paper texture. This would be a faster way of filling the grooves, compared to putting and sanding each groove. Can you help?

bhartman

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

02-27-01, 03:33 PM   #2  
I don't live in a mobile home, but I have the same type of paneling. I just went to Home Depot today and asked about what I could do. The paint guy told me BEHR makes an interior texture paint that is designed to do over paneling. It looks great in the brochure! There are three steps. 1. Wash the walls with TSP, then rinse. It disolves dirt and grease. 2. Prime the surface with BEHR #75 primer in the purple can. 3. Roll on BEHR Texture Paint. This will fill in the grooves and cover imperfections from dog scratches etc. There are three types that this brand makes; smooth, sand and acoustic (popcorn). After you've done this, you can paint any color you want! I can't wait to get started on mine! Good luck with yours.

HomeBody2000

Search this Thread