Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Putting up paneling in a bathroom. Is this stuff ok to use?

OH

12-17-13, 10:28 AM   #1  
Putting up paneling in a bathroom. Is this stuff ok to use?

House of Fara 8 Linear ft. MDF Overlapping Wainscot Paneling Kit-32MDFKIT at The Home Depot

Anything else I need to keep in mind when adding this to the walls? Apply adhesive in an S pattern and staple the corners and seems.

Sponsored Links

MN

01-13-14, 12:47 PM   #2  
I would use the red oak and paint it or stain it - not that much more expensive and from what I was reading about MDF - it doesn't hold up well in moisture - mixed reviews.

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

01-13-14, 01:37 PM   #3  
These are 6" wide slats with an overlap, so it is not a "panel" as you may think. Just for clarification. I would go with a primed wood wainscoting panels (definitely not oak - grain raises too much) and independent slotted base and chair. You may come out a little cheaper and would not have to deal with slats, if I am reading their description right.

Super Moderator

AZ

01-13-14, 01:42 PM   #4  
One big this is in the specs "moisture resistant-no". I'd either go with real wood primed and painted or the PVC stuff that they have.

If this is a 1/2 bath it might not be as big a problem.

Vic
"I sometimes wonder how some people ever made it to adulthood..."

Search this Thread