Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Base trim with plinth block in tight corner

10-31-15, 03:49 PM   #1  
Base trim with plinth block in tight corner

I am installing my own base trim with plinth blocks at the door frames and have reached a difficult doorway. I am not sure how to proceed. Any tips?

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NE

10-31-15, 07:05 PM   #2  
Use 2 plinth blocks to create one wider one. You will want to rip the ogee off of the left side of the plinth so that you can scribe it tight to the wall, and you will want the top ogee to dead end into the wall. So, for example, take two plinth blocks. Rip the ogee off the left side of the first one, then hold it up in the same place you have it now, measuring how wide the filler needs to be. Then cut that piece out of the 2nd plinth block, and glue and nail it to the first one. You will likely need to do a little bit of sanding and painting on the block to make that seam disappear, and most of it will likely be hidden behind the base. Then your baseboard will butt into it with no ugly gap behind, and no need to caulk sculpt.

Search this Thread