Rotted wood filler


Old 04-11-01, 01:41 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Have several railroad ties that have holes and the
surrounding wood has softened. I'm trying to find
some type of substance to pour into the holes that
will then harden. I thought of roofing tar but
the hardware store person said it would remain
sticky which wouldn't be good when walked on. Do
you know of anything I could use?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-01, 04:18 PM
George's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: South Hill, Va. USA
Posts: 2,890

If you want to take a little time to remove the softened wood completely, Bondo (the automotive patch) will work well, and costs less than $20.00 a gallon.
Old 04-13-01, 04:02 AM
fewalt's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: sw VA
Posts: 3,100
If you don't mind the grey color, use concrete or mortar, 2.50 for a 60# bag. You can also get a color to mix in.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes