Glued on wood panelling

Old 08-08-01, 06:31 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

We just purchased a house built in the mid 70's. It appears that wood panelling was added to the bottom half of the walls. It also appears to be glued and not nailed on. What is the best way to remove the old panelling? thanks
Old 09-18-01, 05:39 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
You can try a heat gun and wood shingles....push the shingle under the paneling a little you will see where the mastic was added and heat it, it may come off...I always find the studs and use a bar and rip it off...less time....
No matter how it comes off you will most likly have to float the walls and add texture to look like the wall on the to float the wall floor to ceiling, make it looks like new and finish the way you want it yo look....Good luck

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: