T & G Pine on Basement Walls

Old 01-06-02, 01:29 AM
bsesb99
Visiting Guest
T & G Pine on Basement Walls

Hello,
I have posted several questions over the last few months while I have been underway with our basement project. All the questions have been answered and I thank you for all of your help.

Briefly, I am using T+G pine half way up on walls in horizontal fashion,drywall above that the other 4 feet.(drywall is completed,just waiting to spray ceiling) I need to know how much to stager the joints. I have stud wall 16 o.c. insulated and moisture barrior applied.My concern is how much waste there will be. Also should i miter the corners? other options? I was thinking of staining and finishing each board ahead of time, but now considering finishing them as a completed wall, any thoughts on that?
Thanks again, Larry
Northwest Wisconsin

Last edited by bsesb99; 01-06-02 at 01:54 AM.
Old 01-06-02, 05:00 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi Larry,
Staggering the joints on a vertical surface is not as critical as on a floor surface. It is mostly an appearance issue, just so your joints aren't right on top of each other. Don't bother mitering the corners - after the first wall is appled just butt the second to the first. One suggestion for a better fit is to angle the butt cut (just 5 degrees or so) just slightly from front surface to back, this way you get a snug fit.
Another option would be to apply a quarte-round trim in the corners, your call.
Personally, I would finish the wall after applied. Just put down a drop cloth to protect the floor.
good luck,
fred

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: