T&G over plaster wall


Old 09-03-01, 08:28 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Help! We have sewage coming up into the yard from a drain pipe (or possibly it is a vent pipe? It is an open white pvc pipe that comes up into the front yard near the house). What would cause this? Is it something that can be easily fixed by (very) novice homeowners or are we better off calling a plumber?

Some info that might help in answering my question:
1. We have had alot of rain over the past week
2. We have had a problem in the past with the toilets flushing poorly, but the problem resolved on it own.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-02, 06:01 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Lightbulb T&G over plaster wall

Looking to put thin tongue and groove panelling over plaster wall that has cracked and been repaired many times. The contractor wants to run it diagonally so there is more support which I understand. But, what if the wall starts to crack and chip away behind panelling? Is there any need for concern here? Should he install furring strips anyways? Should he use liquid nails and the nail or scew it on?

Thank you in advance for a reply.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes