wiring diagram for '81 F350 ramp truck?

Old 07-26-02, 09:25 AM
bledsoe
Visiting Guest
wiring diagram for '81 F350 ramp truck?

Anybody know where I can get an electrical wiring diagram for a 1981 F350 ramp truck? I'm not sure of the engine, but I'm hoping the wiring would be the same... autolibrary.org has '81 F350's but it doesn't have the ramp truck in there

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-02, 09:42 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
A ramp truck is the back body, which is not Ford OEM installed. It would be specific to application. You'd have to find out who the body company is and get the information from them.

Ford provides the chassis, and in some cases a bare harness where the body manufacturer can do their thing with it. The Ford OEM manual will only show what Ford factory installed.

Old 07-26-02, 09:54 AM
bledsoe
Visiting Guest
Thanks. Hey would a voltage regulator prevent a car from getting any juice at all if it was burnt out? I turn the key on this truck and nothing happens. The hazards won't even turn on. No headlights either. The battery is fine, and I can't notice anything obvious. There's just no juice getting to the fuse box. The connection from the battery to the starter solenoid is fine. After that I'm not sure where everything goes. Where should I check next?

Thanks

Old 07-26-02, 09:59 AM
bledsoe
Visiting Guest
Here's something. Where exactly is the fuse link here that I should check?

FUSE LINK CONTINUITY

Make sure the battery is okay. (See Section 1)
Turn on the headlights or any accessory. If the headlights or accessory do not operate, the fuse link is probably burned out.
On some vehicles there are several fuse links. Proceed as in Step 2 to test other fuse links.
To test the fuse link that protects the alternator, check for voltage at the BAT terminal of the alternator, using a voltmeter. If there is no voltage, the fuse link is probably burned out.

Old 07-26-02, 10:00 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
They are built into the wires and sacrifice themselves to prevent damage to the main parts of the electrical system.

Usually a wiring diagram shows them.