96 Chevy Tahoe

Old 07-27-02, 03:05 PM
Domgrup
Visiting Guest
Unhappy 96 Chevy Tahoe

Hi to everyone;

I have a 96 Chevy Tahoe A\T, A\C,350 V-8. VERY GOOD RUNNING Vehicle.I could drive it at highway speeds for hours, no lack of power, no roughness etc. -But occasionally, when local driving (Under 30MPH) when I slow down to a Stop Sigh or Red Light, the Engine will Stall....I put it in Neutral It starts right up, but doesn't idle for a minute or so.....If it stalls I'll restart itand then it might be fine for another week or so....or the problem might re-occur in an hour or two.The Stalling is very indiscriminent-no pattern that I can tell. The vehicle is serviced more frequently than has to be, and aside from this local driving (low speed stalling) the vehicle runs perfect....Where Should I look. Fuel, Ignition or Somewhere Else.
Motors-Alldata System has no Symptoms for Stalling!
thanks for your time
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-02, 08:32 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
If it only stalls around town, it could be an internal solenoid in the transmission sticking and causing it to lock the converter. That's what would be typical on a lot of 80's three speed GM's.

Has the fuel pressure and ignition system been checked out? Also check www.alldata.com for any bulletins there that match your symptoms.

Old 07-27-02, 08:53 PM
TECHMAN
Visiting Guest
Have the comp. get for code and pay att. to the Hist. codes if in eng. are trans can store hist. codes and not turn on light.---Dave-------