Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Rotors ( Chevy Blazer )

07-28-02, 05:24 AM   #1  
Rotors ( Chevy Blazer )

My son recently bought an old car for the engine. There was a set of new rotors that still had the pastic wrap on them in the trunk. The wheel pattern on these fit my '92 Blazer. My guestion is will the numbers off these rotors tell me if the bearings are the same? They had been in the old car for some time, and the grease/oil protective covering had kinda caked up on them. I brushed them off with wire brush, but still have some stain on them. Be a good idea to have them turned if they will work on the Blazer?

P.S. Maybe I can compare the numbers on th enew ones with the numbers on the old ones, if I can see them. I was concerned about different manufacturers having different numbers though.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-28-02, 07:30 AM   #2  
Joe_F
See if you can find numbers stamped into them, and call up the brake companies to see if they can identify them.

Raybestos puts a BPI in their stamp (Brake Parts Inc). If you call the hotlines of Raybestos, Wagner, Delco and ITT, it's bound to be one of their products and they should be able to tell you the applications.

Search this Thread