Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

windshield wiper timing for a 1997 s-10 chevy blazer

Visiting Guest

07-28-02, 07:47 AM   #1  
jhop
windshield wiper timing for a 1997 s-10 chevy blazer

How do you set the timing on wipers for a 1997 s-10 chevy blazer?

I replaced the wiper motor because it was burned out. Now, when the wipers are in their off position they are vertical on the windshield instead of in their normal horizontal postion. I was wanting to to know how to get them reset to the normal horizontal position again?

Last edited by jhop; 07-28-02 at 08:06 AM.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-28-02, 07:50 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Describe what you mean by "timing".

Visiting Guest

07-28-02, 08:39 AM   #3  
jhop
Re: windshield wiper timing for a 1997 s-10 chevy blazer

Originally posted by jhop
How do you set the timing on wipers for a 1997 s-10 chevy blazer?

I replaced the wiper motor because it was burned out. Now, when the wipers are in their off position they are vertical on the windshield instead of in their normal horizontal postion. I was wanting to to know how to get them reset to the normal horizontal position again?

Visiting Guest

07-28-02, 10:32 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Take the wiper arms off. Cycle the motor on and then off. They will come to rest.

Shut everything down and replace the wiper arms to the correct position. Auto parts stores sell the proper tools to remove wiper arms.

Barring that, it could be a problem with the wiper park switch.

07-28-02, 10:35 AM   #5  
all you do is turn your key on turn on your wipers and then shut them off the motor should automaticly go to the park position now just turn key off and install wiper arms at the normal off position, if you continue to have problems with them stopping in a verticle posirion you need to replace the wiper motor again cause it is defective.

Visiting Guest

07-28-02, 06:22 PM   #6  
jhop
97 chevy wipers

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I got it fixed, I had previously attached the lever arm that connects to the drivers side wiper to the wiper motor backwards I then reversed it and the entire wiper sequence was normal again. Thanks Again, jhop

Search this Thread