Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

power window

Visiting Guest

07-29-02, 01:25 PM   #1  
Berch
power window

Hi, have a 93 Toyota Camry with power windows. just purchased a new regulator but upon installation the whole thing came apart. can it be put back together or is a new one the answer.
thanks for any reply.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-29-02, 04:27 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Describe what you mean by "the whole thing came apart".

Was the regulator an OEM new Toyota part?

Visiting Guest

07-29-02, 04:34 PM   #3  
Berch
power window

yes Joe, it was a toyota part.it was spring loaded, and in an attempt to attach it to the motor, the cables unwound.

Visiting Guest

07-29-02, 04:42 PM   #4  
Joe_F
I think it can "probably" be put back together, but I defer to Larry "Toyota man" on that one. I'm sure he'll be by to answer your post.

I find it odd that it came completely apart like that!

Visiting Guest

07-29-02, 09:10 PM   #5  
Berch
Power window

yes Joe, was my mistake, took off the metal backing, thats when it came apart

Visiting Guest

07-29-02, 10:29 PM   #6  
merlo
I won't say it's impossible, but it would be very difficult to do, because like you said, it's spring loaded. They don't really make those cable regulators so that you can rebuild them. If nothing was broken, and the cable wasn't damaged, I'd probably try it before buying another one, but the problem is that if the cable isn't rewound correctly, it will come apart again the first time you try to raise or lower the window. A new regualtor may be your only solution.

Search this Thread