Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

95 grand voyager not starting

08-02-02, 07:27 AM   #1  
95 grand voyager not starting

I have a 95' Ply Grand Voyager, 3.3L with 70K miles For the last month, i have noticed prblems with starting - sometimes it starts OK..sometimesi get a "click". it is very erractic and usually happens when the vehicle has been sitting/cold for a while such as starting the vehicle in the mornings. NOW... the vehicle is not starting at all and i get the "click" at turn of the key....what could it be? the starter? is there anyting i can do to get it started so that i can at least take it in for repair and not have it towed? HELP and Thanks!.......tom

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-02-02, 08:13 AM   #2  
JackMaster
Welcome Tom,

There are a couple things you can do to diagnose the problem.....

1) next time it just clicks, have someone rap on the starter with a hammer to see if it engages while you hold the key in the start position. If it engages when you rap on it, put in a new starter, yours is toast.

2) have the battery tested at Autozone. If bad, replace it.

Visiting Guest

08-02-02, 11:31 AM   #3  
Joe_F
Also check your cable connections for tightness and soundness.

Visiting Guest

08-02-02, 11:36 AM   #4  
JackMaster
Good point Joe....

Check the cables and connections at the starter and battery. Make sure they are clean, tight and the cables are not corroded, frayed, etc.

Sometimes we tend to overlook the obvious, like I am guilty of when I posted my 1st reply.

08-05-02, 06:26 AM   #5  
FOUND IT WAS BAD STARTER. THANK YOU VERY MUCH GENTLEMEN!

Visiting Guest

08-05-02, 09:39 AM   #6  
Joe_F
Good job and glad to hear it is fixed.

Search this Thread