Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

no throttle when cold

Visiting Guest

08-02-02, 09:22 AM   #1  
Berch
no throttle when cold

Hi, have a 95 toyota camry v6, when engine is cold (at first start up) i have no power, the vehicle will hardly move with throttle wide open. runs great when hot. thanking you for any info.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-02-02, 09:35 AM   #2  
JackMaster
What kind of transmission, auto or manual? Any trouble codes, check engine light?

Hey Mako, what was that you were saying about Toyota Camry's?!! LOL

Visiting Guest

08-02-02, 09:50 AM   #3  
Berch
no throttle

Hi mike, the camry has automatic transmission, i have no trouble codes, check engine is not on, it works normal.

Visiting Guest

08-02-02, 09:56 AM   #4  
JackMaster
How many miles on the vehicle? When was the last time the tranny saw servicing? i.e. flush, filter & fluid change?

Visiting Guest

08-02-02, 10:11 AM   #5  
Berch
no throttle

Hi mike,, the vehicle has just over 155, 000 miles, trans. was seviced recently, fuild color and inside pan looked good. correction on yr, its a 93, dont know if that will make a difference.also note, the engine does not race out as though trans is slipping, it just lacks the take off power when cold

Visiting Guest

08-02-02, 10:42 AM   #6  
JackMaster
Berch,

Just to clarify the lack of 'take off power'. When you say the throttle is 'wide open and it will hardly move', does the engine rpm's increase and rev fine but the car barely goes when in gear, or does it seem that the engine bogs under full acceleration until it warms up?

Just trying to isolate if we should be looking at tranny, engine or possibly catalytic converter.

Visiting Guest

08-02-02, 11:30 AM   #7  
Joe_F
Mike is right...need more information and problem description to be able to help.

Visiting Guest

08-02-02, 09:32 PM   #8  
Berch
no throttle when cold

hi mike, ok, engine does bog down when trying to accelerate.

Search this Thread