on board computer

Old 08-02-02, 04:40 PM
toddy
Visiting Guest
on board computer

the autoshop said my cars on board computer was broken instead of the distributor...anybody have any price info for repairing a onboard computer on a 1992 mitsubishi mirage...thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-02, 05:56 PM
alot of times you will have to send your computer out and have it rebuilt usually can take a couple of weeks most parts stores offer this if they do not have one available they can get already remanufactured so i would just call around different stores and see what they charge also dont forget to check any parts stores that specializes in imports, price can vary quite a bit and would be worth calling around you can also check salvage yards but there is no guarantee that the computer you get will be good not to mention i doubt that you could find one.

Old 08-02-02, 06:28 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Have the shop send out the computer to the parts store as BeJay stated and have them give you the failure report...is this the same shop that said the distributor was bad? Sounds like they are guessing...this is not good and quite expensive.

Have the computer checked and see the failure/repair report before you go for the bucks. Computers don't go bad as often as you think.