turn signal won't work anymore

Old 08-03-02, 05:46 PM
Question turn signal won't work anymore

Hi,

I noticed the other day that my turn signals weren't coming on when I hit the lever on the steering column. I don't know how long they've been out.
I checked the fuse and it was still intact. I did rearend somebody several years back and it broke the housing but the signal worked fine in fact the other light still works in that assembly.
But, the hazard lights still work. I don't hear any clicking like it used to, nor does the light on the dash come on. But, the high beams still work from the turn signal lever.

I'm guessing maybe the turn signal assembly there on the steering column has gone out??? My brother thinks maybe its the signal relay?

Any other suggestions as to what it may be?

1995 Chevy Corsica, V6, 133k miles

Thanks!
Shawn

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-02, 07:54 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
If the hazards work ok, it is probably the turn signal flasher.

Call up a parts store, get a new one and ask them to look up the location of it (or check it in autolibrary.org below) and replace it. Should be OK now.

Old 08-03-02, 08:19 PM
thekeymaker
Visiting Guest
its probally your flasher replacce it and it should work fine you might have one or two on your vehicle i'm supposed to have two on my van but only one is actully there since you know where your fuse box is look for a round silver thing it might be in the lower right hand corner replace that and be sure its your flasher first. Don,

Old 08-03-02, 08:54 PM
Ok, that was going to be my next question. Is what exactly is the flasher? So, it sounds like its something that is in a differnt location than the turn signal assembly?

Old 08-04-02, 05:08 AM
thekeymaker
Visiting Guest
yes you have two Flashers try the easier one first theres also another one on the right side of your steering column support Bracket.Don,

Old 08-04-02, 08:48 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Check with any parts store, their Wagner lighting book gives the locations for most cars and they can pull it off the shelf so you know what you are looking for.