Holley carb

Old 08-04-02, 05:35 AM
Holley carb

Holley carburetor List #-8005 Date code-0912. If I am correct, this is a model 4160 carburetor. The accelerator pump is on the front/bottom of the carb, and it does not have room to work properly on this intake. The intake shows to be a 1968.

Guestions:

1. Can anyone decode the date code on the carb?

2. What effect would a spacer have on the carb to raise it so the pump can work like it is supposed to?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-02, 06:52 AM
TECHMAN
Visiting Guest
Canot help with decode, but a small spacer plate 1/2 to 3/4 in. will work fine. will not have any effect on it. ----Good luck-Dave--

Old 08-04-02, 08:34 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Holley double leaker, I mean double pumper . Lol.

Just contact Holley's tech line with all the carburetor information you have they will happily decode it and send you whatever information they have on it. I did this with an Edelbrock carburetor (and a Holley intake) and both companies were very helpful .

Guranteed to need a rebuild at this point . Holleys are great for blowing power valves and running acridly rich

Old 08-04-02, 09:48 AM
Guranteed to need a rebuild at this point

Yep! Cranked a couple of times and it shot gas out the vent pipe all over the inside of the hood and the engine! Whew! Got something out of wack messing with it. Heheh, getting kit today!

Old 08-08-02, 04:25 AM
update

I think I was wrong about there not being enough room for the pump to work. The lever works a different way than I thought. Got the kit and started to rebuild, but was not sure about some of the parts on this carb , or who had worked on it before and what had been done to it. I decided to let someone put the kit in that was familiar with this type carb ( 30 bucks labor ). I had started cleaning/soaking it. Filthy after two years of sitting. Should get it back today ( I hope ).

Holley tech line says this carb came out in '75 car. ( thanks Joe )

Will update again when I get the carb back and change fuel lines.