Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

88 Le Baron Convertible

Visiting Guest

08-04-02, 08:49 AM   #1  
red_baron
88 Le Baron Convertible

Just got a new top for my car, & want to install it myself, but the whole thing is new to me. Can you give me some instructions on how to take off the old rag and put the new one on?

The car's a 1988 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible w/a 2.2L engine. We just replaced the head gasket not too long ago, retimed the engine, and replaced the timing belt. Since then the car has had a tendancy to stall itself after it sits and runs for a while . It's an automatic (sadly), and when my dad & I retimed it, we couldn't get the marks to line up EXACTLY, can you give me some help on that?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-04-02, 08:55 AM   #2  
Joe_F
I suggest you either have the top done or pick up a Chrysler service manual to guide you. Installing a convertible top is not a DIY repair without the right tools and experience. It's hard work!

You can try the autolibrary link I have bookmarked in my signature file below for the answers to your other questions.

Be careful about spending a lot of green on a K-car (what its derived from essentially) convertible like this. No shining star under that rag top and that's probably why it was saved. These cars are a dime a dozen in decent shape for less money.

Search this Thread