1990 Corsica

Old 08-04-02, 02:24 PM
jajamase
Visiting Guest
1990 Corsica

I've read the archives but can't find enough info on this so here are my questions: I am looking at a '90 Corsica, 4dr, 2.2, AT, AC etc. The car has 60K and the original owner is selling for $1200. The lady is old and has given up driving. I drove the thing and it's very nice except the brakes are spongy. Everything, AC, radio etc works but there is minor hail damage to the body. No rust. The tranny shifts solidly and there are no squeals, groans, clanks, clicking etc during the ride. Looked under the hood, quick visual/smell check of fluids, belt, filter etc, all ok. Tires are good, interior is flawless.

Is there anything special I should look for in this engine/drive train? I heard these engines are grenades. Any truth to this? Is this car worth buying?

If it matters, this woman's son is my brother-in-law and is an excellent mechanic. As far as I know, he has done or advised her regarding maintenance on this vehicle.

Thanks for any and all replies.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-02, 05:51 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
If you trust the car go with it. Those are junky cars, irrespective of who maintained them. Crude, crappy and lackluster. Really cheap trim.

However, they are functional. If you are just using it around town, then it's fine. A little on the high side for price, 1000 is probably a bit better.