Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Adjusting Height 1997 Blazer

Visiting Guest

08-06-02, 05:16 PM   #1  
siberiantiger23
Adjusting Height 1997 Blazer

Hi, I dont know if you know how to help me or if I am reaching the right place but I just bought a 1997 Blazer Lt and noticed the back "Right" side is a INCH higher then the back "Left" side. I brought my truck in for a suspension check and I asked the guy about it and he said there is a way to adjust that up and down. I know a INCH doesnt seem like a major problem but I know its like that and its really bothering me now. Thanks for your time

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-06-02, 06:24 PM   #2  
Joe_F
What's the truck's history? Ever in an accident or totalled? Springs ever been changed?

Visiting Guest

08-06-02, 06:52 PM   #3  
siberiantiger23
I had a check done on the accident thing, none that where reported. It was owned by two people before me. Been kept up real good 62,700 miles when I bought it and now 63,000 The car place that checked out my suspension and everything said everything looked great. and when I had mentioned how one side was a inch higher he said all I had to do was adjust "such and such bolt" or something but for him to do it would cost me money so he said I could do it myself. Thanks for responding

Visiting Guest

08-06-02, 07:01 PM   #4  
otter_
they're likely

referring to adjusting the "trim height". If your blazer is a 4wd model, trim height can be adjusted by tightening or backing off one of the front torsion bars. 2wd has bolts elsewhere. Best left to a pro. If the car place said "It'l cost ya", it shouldn't cost too much.

Customer of mine complained that his NEW truck wasn't sitting right and all it took was an impact wrench and a tape measure. Elapsed time: 10 minutes.

Visiting Guest

08-07-02, 10:15 AM   #5  
siberiantiger23
THANK YOU

Now thats what I call "ADVICE" I have been looking for. I have posted my question on nearly 8 boards and nothing even close. You were right on... Thank you!

08-07-02, 03:05 PM   #6  
If you have your torsion bars adjusted,remember to get your alignment checked when ride height changes so does alignment settings.

Visiting Guest

08-07-02, 03:53 PM   #7  
siberiantiger23
something else I didnt know...thank you! I would like to do it myself when it comes to the adjusting but first I have to find out where exactly the torsion bar is. Thanks for your advice it really apreciated, I am a female that wants to learn more about cars for my advantage

Visiting Guest

08-11-02, 06:05 PM   #8  
siberiantiger23
Thank You!

Just wanted to thank everyone for the help you have given me. I have brought it in and got it fixed and alignment done, only costed $39.99 Very Pleased! Thanks

Search this Thread