92 Cherokee

Old 08-09-02, 06:42 AM
Ole Lemmer
Visiting Guest
92 Cherokee

Last week I posted regarding a problem with my cherokee running hot. As per suggestions received, I replaced the radiator, however, Ive run into a small problem. There is a hose on the bottom of the radiator that runs connects to a metal line that I believe carries transmission fluid. The connections on the hose were both metal "quick disconnect" type fittings with O rings. Unfortunatey, the hose was damaged when I was remiving it and I need to replace it. None of the auto parts stores in my area carry a similar replacement hose. I initially tried to use a 3/8 hose with ring clamps but could not force it over the nipple on the transmission line. I called jeep to get a replacement and they gave me hose that had the metal transmission line already attached to one end, and the quick connect metal fitting to attach to the radioator. They insist that they do not have a rubber hose with the quick connect fittings at both ends. Unless I can find one, or an acceptable substitute, I now have to replace the entire transmission line which I'd like to avoid. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-02, 07:19 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
The line should be cheap enough to do, so if that's how they service it, go for it.

Try another Chrysler dealer and have them show you the printout from the parts literature to be sure it's the same thing or an acceptable replacement. Might have been superseded to something new now...that's what the parts guy is probably trying to tell you.