Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

timing light conversion

08-10-02, 03:22 AM   #1  
timing light conversion

I have two timing lights, one the old type, the other induction. The induction light does not work. I think the capacitor(?) is bad in it. Is it possible to take parts from the old type and fix the induction timing light?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-10-02, 06:05 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Nah. Find the capacitor in any electronics catalog and replace it. I'm sure it's stamped with a value and it's "industry standard" and can be found just about anywhere.

Back in 1998, my sister found a Fisher Price Power Wheels for my nephews. She called me up that she got this "Great deal, all it needed was a battery". Well that turned into, "Half the harness is missing, the toy was recalled and now the batteries are something different than they were before"

I work with a guy that is excellent with this stuff and he said "bring it in". So we made up a new harness. Wouldn't you know in the McMaster Carr Industrial book they had the EXACT connectors we needed? It even said in the description, "Fisher Price and others...toy car connector". Wohoo!

Also, the #2194 Deluxe Timing light I have from Sears was on sale recently for about 50 bucks. This is the type with the advance dial to check vacuum advances and cars like my 79 Trans Am where the timing is 18 degrees and the scale barely goes up that high. Lol. (that is why you need an advance type light on my car)

Search this Thread