2002 Mazda A/C

Old 08-13-02, 12:54 PM
Seragilo
Visiting Guest
2002 Mazda A/C

This may be a silly question but, what would cause a cool mist to come out of the vent in my 2002 Mazda Protege A/C? It was an extremly hot evening and we were driving for about an hour, when alot of mist came out of the vent, the a/c was on medium for the entire time. I shut off the a/c for the remainer of the trip, about half an hour, but kept the fan blowing. The mist finally disappeared.
Should I be worried about this. As you can tell, I am not too use to being blessed with a car that has A/C!

Thanks
Seragilo

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-02, 12:59 PM
It's the evap freezing, will happen if you have temp set to full cool, humidity level is high and blower on slow speed. Could be something wrong with what controls the evap temp, but I doubt it.

Larry

Old 08-13-02, 07:35 PM
take it back to the dealer it shouldnt blow mist out the vents possible evaporator not draining properly, it shouldnt freeze up ever regardless of where the blower speed is or where the humidity is.

Old 08-14-02, 07:34 AM
It's not really mist but more like a fog. If the a/c system is working to its max and the evap has some frost on it this will happen. Poor choice of words about being frozen, it's more like frost. The same frost that forms on the suction lines of a good working system.

Solutions are take it off recirc and use fresh air and or raise temp control slightly

Larry