Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Hydraulic Clutch problem

Visiting Guest

08-14-02, 06:31 PM   #1  
EU07
Hydraulic Clutch problem

I'll go directly to the business. I've got a '94 Toyota corolla and recently Iíve noticed that the clutch (hydraulic) starts to engage (after 30 sec or so) when the pedal is pushed all the way to the floor. To me it seems that either the slave or master cylinder is leaking around the ďpistonĒ on the inside- there is no external fluid leak and no fluid disappears from the reservoir. Furthermore, once the pedal is released the problem fixes itself for a while until you step on the pedal again and wait. When you look under the hood you can see that the slave cylinder back off when the clutch pedal is being pressed into the floor. Iíve bled the clutch and there was no air in it. My question is simple. Does any one know how I can check weather the master or the slave cylinder is leaking or perhaps give me some other advice?

Thanks
Tom

P.S. I tried different innovative home ideas including blocking the slave cylinder with a piece of wood and stepping on the clutch pedal, with no luck, to verifying which cylinder might be leaking, it would take too long to explain others.

Sponsored Links

08-14-02, 06:48 PM   #2  
It's the master, it's leaking back into the reservoir. I would suggest to replace the slave also. It can't be far behind and with the new master not leaking and putting out good psi it will show its weakness

Larry

Search this Thread