paint film


Old 08-16-02, 03:49 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
paint film

Hi guys--

I just got my car out of the body shop after having some minor rust repair work. I'm noticing what looks like paint overspray on my hood and windshield. I know I should take the car right back, and I may, but I was wondering how difficult it would be to remove this myself and how I'd go about it.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-02, 06:25 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Lacquer thinner should remove it.

However, the shop should not be so sloppy. Have them clean it up.
Old 08-17-02, 08:06 AM
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: usa
Posts: 44
I would take it back to shop. I think thinner would dull the paint if you used it. You would need to buff it out using a polishing compound and a electric buffer. they make a kind called scratch-out made by Kit it is very good about $3 a bottle and will make most any paint job glow.
Old 08-17-02, 08:30 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

thank you

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes