Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

clearing engine trouble light

Visiting Guest

08-17-02, 11:00 PM   #1  
Mr.Bumble
clearing engine trouble light

My Mazda B2200 has a check engine light(MIL) that came on at 200,000 km. I was told that it usually is preset at the factory to come on at certain mileages for maintenance reminder. My truck is running fine and the o2 sensor was replaced recently. Does anyone know how to clear the trouble light in the dash? I have already tried disconnecting the neg battery connector fro a halfhour and that didn't work. Neither did pulling all of the fuses under the dash.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-18-02, 01:18 AM   #2  
Joe_F
The year would be a collosal start to getting you help. See the top of the forum's page for details and posting guidelines.

If OBDII, a scanner is needed. If OBDI, disconnect the battery for ten minutes.

Visiting Guest

08-18-02, 11:49 AM   #3  
Mr.Bumble
sorry Joe. It is a 1993 model.

Visiting Guest

08-18-02, 02:18 PM   #4  
Joe_F
Should be able to disconnect the battery and clear the codes.

08-18-02, 06:35 PM   #5  
well the maintence check engine light that i have reset on the mazda pickups was done by looking under the dash along the kickpanel there will be 3 single wire connectors one will be unplugged, all you do is swith the connector over to the unplugged one to reset it.

Visiting Guest

08-18-02, 08:20 PM   #6  
Mr.Bumble
Thanks Bejay!

It worked. Thanks bigtime. I was pretty sure it was something in that area. Thought it was a fuse. Tell me though, what have I actually done? Will the Malfunction Indicator Light still operate in the future? Do the two wire connectors act like some sort of breaker switch? Thanks again sir.

08-18-02, 08:35 PM   #7  
yes the check engine light will still operate as normal mazda used the check engine light for 2 different purposes one as a maintence light and the other as a warning of a problem detected in the emmission control system. the light will come back on as normal in the scheduled mileage interaval set up for the maintence light next time it is due if the vehicle last that long it is getting up there in mileage.

Search this Thread