Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Galant electrical

Visiting Guest

08-19-02, 07:17 PM   #1  
kenL
Galant electrical

Hello again...Mitsu Galant, 98, automatic. I just replaced a five year battery after 2 years and perhaps the problem is right in front of my eyes. Intermittently, when i turn off the car, the electrical system still works - I can even use the power windows once in a while for about thirty seconds after I shut off the engine. The warning bell that comes on when the door is open and the key is still in squeaks at me a few seconds after I shut off the engine. Where do i start (or who do i take it to to start) looking for this problem. any chance the battery is just wired in wrong?

Thanks, Ken

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-19-02, 08:10 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Some vehicles actually have that as a feature. Lol. (being able to use the power stuff with the key off).

If not, it could be a sticky ignition switch.

08-19-02, 09:42 PM   #3  
Some cars do provide power to accessories for 30 or so seconds after the key has been turned off, assuming the driver's door hasn't been opened. The radio won't work, but the windows and sunroof still get power. That should happen all of the time, assuming the driver's side door is closed when you turn off the engine.

Search this Thread