1993 Mazda 626 wipers

Old 08-20-02, 03:59 AM
1993 Mazda 626 wipers

Wiper fuse (20 amp) blown. When it blew, the ac also quit. Is the ac connected to the wiper circuit? I put a 30 amp just for testing in for the wipers. The wipers and the ac worked then. Any idea on what to look for so I can get the 20 amp fuse to work? The 30 amp was removed, as I know not to go above the recommended fuse size.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-02, 09:02 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Have you checked autolibrary below for a diagram of the system?

How long before the fuse blows? Pretty hokey if the wipers and the A/C are on the same fuse!!!

Old 08-20-02, 09:23 AM
How long before the fuse blows?

When I swapped another fuse for the one that was blown ( I was leaving the hospital), it would blow immediately.

Pretty hokey if the wipers and the A/C are on the same fuse!!!

I thought that was a little strange too. There does not seem to be any rigging apparent. I think I may be able to find a diagram in a book I have. If not, I will check the Auto Library.

Tx

Old 08-20-02, 10:58 AM
Well, according to my Haynes manuel, the wiper fuse does lead to the heating and cooling relays, fans, etc. The car is a 1993 on the title, but I was told it is actually a 1994 since it was built late in the year. Transmission man told me that, so....I don't know. Both years show a connection to the heating and cooling circuit. Guess I need to look a little deeper in this book. I found the wiper fuse and the parts of the cooling system it is connected to, but not the wiper motor yet.

I'll try to update this soon.

Old 08-20-02, 01:14 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Very easy to tell if it's a 1993 or a 1994 model.

The 10th digit of the vin will be a P if it's a 1993 and an R if it is a 1994. Has nothing to do with specific production dates per se.

Old 08-20-02, 01:21 PM
Heheh, regardless of what year it is, it looks like I am going to have to check the wiper motor and maybe the multifunction switch. A few days ago my wife had the wipers on when she took our daughter to school and one tried to jump off the arm. It got cocked at an angle and couldn't go down, and I think the damage may have been done at that time. She had complained about an odor. I guess it was the wiper motor.
Anyway, I get the Haynes manuel and try to ohm a couple of places to see what I get. By the way, it does fine as long as I do not hook the wiper connector up. Good cold air , just have to hope it does not rain until I get the wipers going. Going slow to be sure and disable the airbag.