Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

93 E350 starting problems

OH

08-24-02, 05:43 AM   #1  
93 E350 starting problems

I am having an intemittent problem with my 93 E350. Several times in the past few weeks I have started the van and it has idled really low and will often stall when I try to accelerate. This seems to be associated with hot days but that is based only on my memory of when it has happened in the past. I have a 5.8L V8 with A/C. Thanks for any advice or direction you can give.

[SIZE=3]Pat Russell[/SIZE]

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-24-02, 07:22 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Start with the links and posts at the top of the forum page...

OH

08-24-02, 07:54 AM   #3  
I haven't found anything yet that might help me out. Is this too general? I have posted all info that I have at this point.

08-24-02, 08:07 AM   #4  
if the problem doesnt occur very often it may have to get worse before being able to find it, i would start by checking fuel pressure but unless the problem is occuring at the time you are checking it the fuel pressure check will likely tell you nothing.
and you should have codes checked on the vehicle to see if there are any stored faults in the computer.

Visiting Guest

08-25-02, 11:44 PM   #5  
josh1
when was your last fuel filter change? MB reccomends every 60,000 so if your heading for 120 you may need a new one. 10 minute job on most MB.

Hope this helps-Josh

OH

08-26-02, 03:27 AM   #6  
On the advice of another forum (Bat Auto) I cleaned the air intake and throttle plates/linkage yesterday. I am also planning a tuneup and filter change next weekend. I'll let y'all know how this goes. Thanks again for the tips.

Visiting Guest

08-26-02, 05:52 AM   #7  
Joe_F
There's plenty of information in my signature file . It will answer half the questions on this forum .

08-26-02, 03:41 PM   #8  
Ford has a problem with their idle air control valves especially in hot weather.We've actually pushed in 2002 models off the lot due to them not wanting to run because of the i.a.c. valves.
Due as the other posts suggested and clean the throttle body
on the inside.I usually use a toothbrush(About the cheapest cleaning brush i know of)and a can of carburator spray.You'll probably get a lot of black greasy stuff out of this thing.Also after having done this you might have to crank it while holding the throttle wide open until it stays running.
If the problem is still happening i'd suggest a new idle air control valve.

OH

09-07-02, 03:49 AM   #9  
Looks like cleaning the throttle plates & air intake did the job. It's been almost two weeks now and we haven't had a problem. Thanks to all for your help.

Pat Russell

Search this Thread