Benz 190E 1985 Stalls

Old 08-25-02, 01:59 PM
benjones1
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Benz 190E 1985 Stalls

My benz 190E (1985) is gasping for gas when I'm driving in the city on the highway no gasping for gasp in the city sometimes it slow down & shut off I have to take foot off gas pedal and then it will start build back up to go. Then, I just ease on the gas pedal and it seem to build up slowly & I'm off to go. But, I just can't press on gas pedal in city & it will take off it will gasp and choke for gas & shut off. But, it always starts up again.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-02, 11:33 PM
josh1
Visiting Guest
im not sure... but on 300Es theres a small black plastic unit with a 3 prong plug and O ring seals. Its the fuel pressure regulator. Had similar problems with bogging down under throttle and then all of the sudden kicking in @ 5000 rpms. Not sure if your car has this because this one was a later model but worth a check. If it is the regulator its around $300.

Hope this helps-Josh

PS its located under the air cleaner housing near the fuel injection distribution pipes. sort of hexagonal shaped metal unit. Youll know it when you see it. follow the lines to the engine and your set.

Old 08-26-02, 05:53 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Start with the links and posts in my signature file for starters.

Search this Thread