Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Detailing & Mildew

FL

08-26-02, 04:40 AM   #1  
Detailing & Mildew

I live in central Florida - high humidity - and my car doors constantly have mildew on them. I was and it's gone for a few weeks but then comes back. My vehicle is white so it really stands out.

1) How can I clean it?
2) How do I prevent it?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-26-02, 05:50 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Where is the mildew? On the paint? On the seals? Something sounds like it gets wet...that's how mildew starts.

FL

08-26-02, 06:02 AM   #3  
Both - the seals and paint. Once a month I have to wash with a rag and toothbrush. It's very time consuming. Both vehicles are kept outside. This is the only one with the problem.

Visiting Guest

08-26-02, 06:04 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Have you tried to cover the vehicles?

FL

08-26-02, 06:19 AM   #5  
If you mean with a car cover, then no. It's too impractical - kids in sports, to and from school, etc. I do have a garage, but like most, it has not seen a car in a long time. I think I will try to clear out a space. I just thought there might be something I can use to 1) kill the mildew (bleach or something) and 2) prevent it - some sort of sealant or something.

Visiting Guest

08-26-02, 09:02 AM   #6  
Joe_F
If you keep the paint well waxed it should be fine. Any mildew will come right off with washing well.

Search this Thread