Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Dash Lighys

Visiting Guest

08-26-02, 11:59 AM   #1  
billelliottjr
Dash Lighys

Hey guys,
i have an 88 Ford Ranger, 4Cyl, and have what i hope will be an easy electrical question. the lights that are supposed to light up my tacometer (sp?) and spedometer only work a little. on the tac side, they don't work at all, and on the speed side, a little light comes from the right hand corner. are these bulbs easily replaced? please pardon my stupidity, i just learned how to change my own oil a couple months ago!
bill

Sponsored Links

08-26-02, 03:20 PM   #2  
Usually just a few screws holds the cluster trim and the cluster itself.Just remove these and pull the cluster forward enough to access the bulbs.Most of the bulbs just twist out.
If you want to make it a little easier just remove the speedo cable(you'll see a white ring where it attaches to the speed head,just squeeze or push it towards the cable and it will release).Then set the cluster on a bench and access the bulbs.

Visiting Guest

08-26-02, 07:23 PM   #3  
billelliottjr
re

thanks... one more question that will really let you see how auto illiterate i am - what is the cluster? is it just the wires that run to the casing of the back of the spedometer / tac panels?

08-26-02, 08:29 PM   #4  
The cluster is the complete speedometer/fuel gauge/temp gauge,unit.

Search this Thread