a/c leak testing

Old 08-27-02, 02:44 AM
a/c leak testing

please bear with me here , i'm trying to learn this stuff. okay, i definately have a leak in my ac system somewhere. i charged it up and a week later it was a pound low. i added more refrigerant and some red dye to the system ( couldn't hear anything with an ultrasonic tester). so now it's low again, i went out last night when it was dark and used a black light leak tester but it is hard to see what i'm looking for. i checked all over the engine compartment where the fittings and stuff are but i'm not sure what i'm looking for. what color does the die show under the light? i see a lot of white areas in different spots , but i don't see anything that stands out around fittings , hoses,compressor, condensor etc. any help would be great. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-02, 05:54 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Type of vehicle? This would be a start...please comply with the forum posting requirements at the top of the page.

Go to the dealership and get an exploded view of the system from their parts book. Change all the O-rings and seals. If the hoses look old, pitch those too.