Joe F parts help

Old 08-27-02, 06:03 AM
redneck
Visiting Guest
Joe F parts help

Joe, I posted ahile back about a T/A link--thanks. I did not buy that car but did buy a '77 Formula, W-72. Talking with John Witzle at classical pontiac, this is a very rare car, but pontiac did not keep track of production of Formulas like the t/a's. Anyway, Do you have any connections I could use to find seals for the early style Hurst T-tops?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-02, 06:09 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Sure...

Steele Rubber Products I believe has a complete kit for the Hurst T tops. Check them out on the web, the URL should be www.steelerubberproducts.com if I recall right. If not, look it up in www.google.com I'm pretty sure they have the whole kit...

Do you need the ones on the tops or the ones on the body? I think they have both...they are making them or buying them from Metro Rubber.

Yes, the early Formulas are pretty rare. I guess it is a 400, being a W72 .

Good luck and hope this helps.

Old 08-28-02, 06:11 AM
redneck
Visiting Guest
Thanks I found the site--will call today to see if it is the right set. They changed the Hurst style mid stream because of leak problems-then stopped all together-because they still leaked. Yes, it is a 400, 4spd car.

Old 08-28-02, 05:36 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
The reason that Fisher ramped up for T tops is that they saw how popular they'd become and GM could do it in house cheaper than Hurst and as they felt more effectively. That is why 1978 is the end of the Hurst tops (although there are a couple of designs on the Hurst)

The Fishers are nicer looking, larger, cleaner and far superior to the Hurst hatches from 1976 to 1978.