water leakage

Old 08-27-02, 06:52 AM
scoop_77
Visiting Guest
Question water leakage

I have a 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager minivan that appears to have sprung a leak. Every time it rains, water leaks into the passenger side of the van from behind the glove compartment. I can assume that the water is collecting front windshield runoff and drains into the van. I have poked my head under the glove compartment, but cannot determine the source of the leak. Anyone familiar with such a problem and any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-02, 06:54 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
It may be the seal that the windshield sits in. You might check alldata.com for known bulletins and troubles in this area.

If you find a related bulletin, have the dealer print it out for you so you can see the fix. I suggest you have a competent glass shop or the dealer do the repair however. The glass is an important part of the crash system of the vehicle and shouldn't be compromised.

Old 08-27-02, 07:01 AM
scoop_77
Visiting Guest
I just checked alldata.com, and they didn't have anything for a 96 Plymouth Grand Voyager.
I'll check with my local body shop for a reference for a glass repair shop.
Thanks.

Old 09-02-02, 03:58 PM
KUZBRO
Visiting Guest
Become one with under dash areas while someone soaks outside of car with water hose. Wiring harness's etc that penetrate fire wall are all subject to leak water inside car.

Search this Thread