92 - Toyota Corrola

Old 08-27-02, 10:31 PM
MS Dhillon
Visiting Guest
Question 92 - Toyota Corrola

I bought a 92 toyota corrola with air condition it throws black smoke out got it checked by mechanic he says one of the cyl is not working very low compression i need advice if i should change motor with rebuild or used and if i can do it with any kit available or so please let me know thank you very much in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-02, 05:19 AM
You say black smoke? usually means a rich fuel mixture, stuck injector? Could be causing low compression by washing the cly?

What are the readings? Did they do wet readings?

Larry

Old 08-28-02, 05:43 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree with Larry, need more details.

Old 08-29-02, 11:32 PM
MS Dhillon
Visiting Guest
you are right we need more info. the compression in cyl no. 3 is about 3 or 4 only but in good cyl it is about 150 I don't know what is meant by wet test. when he check the compression test he took out the solenoid for the electronic fuel injecter. please tell me how could i find out if it has stuck open injecter. it is burning whole lot of gas. Thankyou very much for your awnser

Old 08-30-02, 04:42 AM
I guess thats 3 or 4 lbs?

A wet test is to add oil to the cly and then test. If the rings are leaking it will temporally seal them and provide an increase in the reading.

The best way would be to perform a cly leakage test. That will determine the cause of the leak.

Larry